Author Topic: 2015 construction updates  (Read 2048 times)

Lovin the ride

• View Profile
2015 construction updates
« on: July 01, 2015, 10:30:41 PM »
I'm looking for updates on this years construction zones. I know the Spruce trail head,  second phase, is marked out and ready to go, but is there a start date yet? (are those birds done mating?) I also thought the new section on the south side of 101 to camp creek was supposed to be closed May thru September for logging. I was there yesterday and nothing going on, tho it has been cruised and marked out. Is there a start date for that closure yet? I also thought the section at the end of Discovery Bay was getting done last year. There isn't any activity this year either. Update? Are there any other zones happening this year we need to know about? Thanks for all the awesome work!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:07:06 AM by Lovin the ride »

ODT_Forum_Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 construction updates
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »
Look in the Trail Status section of the website (under the Planning Info tab) for current information.  We keep the construction start dates, closures, etc as current as possible, but weather and the whims of contractors can make this difficult.  The trail is owned by the local jurisdiction and they manage construction and major repairs. We have 9 major owners (3 cities, 2 counties, 2 tribes, state and national parks) and we are trying to train them to set construction windows in advance, define detours, post on trail at the detour point, etc. They are getting better at it but we have a ways to go.  For a double check on exact closure dates before a major trip, use the "contact us" button on each web page.